nextcloud hosting at faircloud.eu
Welcome to faircloud
Access via Web browser at
https://faircloud.eu/nextcloud and use your fairlogin account (get one for free at https://fairapps.net )
faircloud is based on nextcloud and offers file management and syncing plus several hand selected apps
- collaborative editing of documents, tables or presentations
- deck (kanban board)
- carnet (note pads, also available as Android app with full syncing!)
- circles to manage groups
- webmail client (basic & pro)
- mind maps (pro)
- whiteboard - collaborative drawing (basic & pro)
- start a fairteaching meeting (right click on PDF uploads it as a presentation) (in free version with 2 participants only, for more order a videoconferencing package)
- time tracker (pro)
- appointments (pro) - allow others to book a timeslot in your calendar
Some features are only available with our fairapps basic or fairapps pro plans, see our comparison list.
In files you can have a Readme.md file which is shown on the top. This enriches any folder with a WIKI page, where you can describe the content of the folder or add links.
You can upload files up to 3 GB of size. Total available disk space depends on your plan:
- fairapps free 200MB (for testing or just joining a group with more storage)
- fairapps basic 5 GB
- fairapps pro 50 GB
- order more storage
If you use faircloud as an organization, we recommend that you set up one extra account
YourOrganizationAdmin, which then shares all resources (calendar, folders etc) and not bind those to a person's account.
Nextcloud Dokumentation Deutsch
Below you find some extra hints for your daily use of faircloud.
Install a sync client for your desktop or smartphone, choose Log in to your Nextcloud and use
https://faircloud.eu/nextcloud as server address and login with your fairlogin account. Then choose which folders you want to sync.
Renaming or moving a file may not touch the timestamp on your local device.
On your smartphone you can set uploading photo images automatically to your nextcloud.
You can also access your files with a WebDAV client, e.g with DAVx5 on your Smartphone. As webdav address use https://faircloud.eu/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/yourusername/
Sync calendars, contacts, tasks
Install the apps
(unmaintained) tasks.org and the
DavX5 to sync calendars, addressbooks and tasks. Connect to server
https://faircloud.eu (in case this does not work use the full URL
https://faircloud.eu/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/ which you also find on the bottom left).
If you want to sync an existing calendar and addressbook which is local on your smartphone, you need to first export and import them to the new calendar and addressbook.
- Syncing tasks created by the deck app doesn't work. Use the the deck app instead.
https://faircloud.eu/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/principals/users/your_fairlogin_username/ - you find the correct link on the left bottom of the calendar tab in the webview of nextcloud.
To connect your Nextcloud with macOS to synchronise calendars and contacts follow these instructions https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/user_manual/en/pim/sync_osx.html#setup-your-accounts Important: No Whitespaces in your Username are allowed! If it doesn't sync try creating an app password in your Settings > Security and use this for your connection.
You can subscribe a calendar from another calendar server like Google or TERMINO (read only).
You also can subscribe the other way round an existing nextcloud calendar into a new Google calendar. Open the share button and get a subscription link.
Syncing between a nextcloud and a Google calendar both ways with Caldav is not supported (we develop a universal calendar for TERMINO.gv.at, expected in 2023).
Holiday calendars for AT and DE are offered for fairapps basic and pro users. Or create and import your own from here.
Install the Thunderbird add-ons TBsync and Provider for CalDAV & CardDAV and follow this guide. As Server URL enter https://faircloud.eu/nextcloud
Alternatively use manual (old) method: follow this guide and use a link like this: https://faircloud.eu/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/calendars/your_fairlogin_username/personal/ - you find the correct link at each faircloud calendar behind the three dots.
Install nextcloud notes app for Android or iOS, select as a server your existing faircloud (or any other nextcloud account) which you had configured in the nextcloud file sync app and enjoy having all your notes on all devices.
If you use the Deck app for task or project management there is also a nice Android App, also available for F-Droid. Choose as server https://faircloud.eu/nextcloud
Syncing notes and tasks is best done with jtx - both in one app.
faircloud has OnlyOffice embedded to collaborate on documents. OO prefers docx, pptx, xlsx file formats. The Open Document Foundation formats odt, odp, ods are also supported, but may be not fully compatible to rendering with the LibreOffice or Collabora editors.
Start an online meeting
faircloud allows to start a videoconference with 'Meet'. If selected from a PDF, it is used as the presentation slides. For more than 2 participants you need to obtain a package.
Get your nextcloud client to sync files. You find the settings for calendar or addressbook clients (such as DavDroid) in the bottom left. You simply use your fairlogin account as credential.
For the Thunderbird Lightning Calendar you use the link behind the three dots (see #24 (closed)).
With fairapps-basic or fairapps-pro you can manage memberships in circles. Members need be also activated with the circles app, so they can confirm their membership.
For organisations, we usually set up a special organisation-admin account, who is the owner of a main organisation folder. This user shares the main folder with the group (but is not itself part of the group to avoid circular share issues). An independent main folder owner is to prevent troubles, if a founding user would leave the organisation. An admin could transfer the ownership of a folder to another user, though:
sudo -u www-data php occ files:transfer-ownership --path=“name of folder” usernamefrom usernameto
Alternatively, the groupfolder app may be an option which we are currently testing.
You can share a folder from another nextcloud instance to faircloud and vicce versa. Check your federation ID in the user sharing settings.
With the Circles function, users can create their own groups and manage their members. A circle can include other users, work colleagues, friends, a team, or even a school class. These custom groups, called Circles, can then be used by any other app to assign sharing. For example, a file, folder, calendar, or address book can be shared with a circle.
- Circles are accessible via the Contacts app
- Circles serve as user-defined groups
Add a Circle
- a new circle can be added via the plus icon
- with circles, groups can be created and shared with other users on a Nextcloud instance
Name of the circle
- Assign a name for the circle and confirm with "Create a circle"
Owner of the circle
- the creator of the circle is automatically set as owner
- the role of the owner can also be assigned to other members afterwards
- via "Add members" users can be added to a circle
- via search you can search for single users and add them to the circle
- users can also be selected directly from the list
- also whole groups or circles can be added
- Copy link to circle
- Add description
- Anyone can apply for membership Public circle: Anyone can see the circle and apply for membership.
- Members must accept the invitation Invited member:s are automatically added to the circle.
- Memberships must be confirmed / accepted by a moderator (requires Open) Anyone can find this circle and request to join. Entry requires confirmation by a moderator
- Members can also invite Not only the moderator can invite other users, but also the members themselves.
- Visible for everyone Public circle: Everyone can see the circle.
- Prevent circle from being a member of another circle The circle cannot be added to another circle.
- Circle can be deleted using the button.
Via the three points individual members can be managed by the owner (admin). Other members can be
- become a moderator (the moderator can confirm membership requests)
- to the admin (the admin can manage the other members)
- as sole owner
Members can also be removed or leave the circle themselves.
Working with circles and projects
- share a folder with a circle
- all members can access the documents and work in the folder
- share a project with a circle
- all members get access to the board and can create tasks
- additionally you can choose if the members of the circle can edit, share and / or manage the board
- Members of an existing project can be grouped together in a circle: the existing folder structure can then be shared with the circle and all will have access to the documents.
- Members of a new project can be created as a circle and relevant content from other nextcloud apps can be shared with the circle for joint editing.
- the admin manages the members of a circle
- One of his tasks is to create the members of the individual projects as corresponding circles so that they can be granted access to the documents.
Adding external storage
Any user can add an external storage, which support WebDAV or sftp. If you need additional storage within nextcloud just order it.
Deleting your Account
If you want your Account to be removed send us an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to that make sure that you back up all the files on the cloud.
If you encounter a problem or have a wish, please submit an issue on the left. Check the closed issues first, maybe someone already asked the question.
We also offer support packages to guide you or your team. Here you find all fairkom support channels.