extend fairmeeting capacity
We need more video bridges and need to connect them to jicofo. Here is the video tutorial to do so https://jitsi.org/news/tutorial-video-how-to-load-balance-jitsi-meet/
A video bridge requires only 2 GB RAM but a lot of CPU power (ideally 4-8 cores) and ideally unlimited bandwidth on a 1GB or 10GB interface.
Main fairmeeting server at OVH has one bridge media.fairmeeting.net (with separate IP for TCP 443 harvesting).
- kas server VM https://git.fairkom.net/hosting/DevOps/issues/129 - not yet deployed
- argo IT videobridge2 deplyoed 2020-04-03, plus dedicated setup on meet.argoit.org
- Hostsharing offers VM, traffic costs are way too high
- k8s - see comments below - STUN networking is tricky, deprecated
- Internex VM - works, see https://git.fairkom.net/hosting/fairmeeting/-/wikis/videobridge-VM-installation
- Hetzner root server bridge0 deployed 2020-03-29
- Hetzner root server bridge1 deployed 2020-04-01
If you can provide powerful hardware (8+ cores) + network (1 GB / 20+ TB / month) for a bridge then please set one up under any domain and share the keys with us, so that we could embed it.