Description of the project
I want to start description with an analysis for actual tools what we want to maintain for this version of the project:
We have the follow tools and this documentation for each:
- Main Website (fair.coop): Is created with gatsby.js by @bernini and @Mario108 and we have in github the sourcecode. To maintain the website maybe we need @bernini for recreate and get a good documentation because we can't replicate with github instructions. Otherwise the website is working but we have this bugs and issues: https://board.net/p/faircoop_website_bugs
Until now We have no plan for this, then we need to create now.
- Blog (blog.fair.coop: Is created with Drupal7 by Faikom and now is not finish and is without theming. Fairkom propose to split from fair-coin.org because until now is on multipage drupal7. Is a multi-language blog and we need solve more categories and maybe a version for local nodes... Until now We can follow some issues here #2 (closed) and here because was join with fair-coin.org https://git.fairkom.net/drupal/faircoin/issues
We have no plan for this, then we need to create now.
- Wiki (wiki.fair.coop): Is created on dokuwiki by Al-Demon and for now is not finish theming. Is multi-language wiki for documentation. Some of users put the documents and go deeply in the areas thats the need but some of other user have issues to understand the coding sintax. Until now We have no plan for this, then we need to create now.
In this version I want to propose change the main website for a cover and pages in the entire CMS with blog and wikidoku join all again. I think when we split the website was for create a HTML pure website to be easy to show the basic information... the content and the design are so good but using a framework with react and js and create another issues in the editors and we have some problems with errors 500 and we don't have any responsible person now to solve...
For this I prefer join blog, mainwebsite and wiki again copy exactly the design and the content like website is now.
With Grav this is possible because we can create different forms for each type of node (pages/articles/news...)
My propose is put this website inside the faircoop server and put this plan in the tool we use for follow this plan, for now gitlab and give access everyone want to help.
Grav is a CMS wrote in php and without database for that and because more or less we spend the same time like the other versions... maybe a bit longer but not much Using this new CMS we can go further using p2p for backups and replicate and editing very good because Grav separates very well the content of the continent.
This structure separates allow change very easy the features we can develop in the future...
Then there are two very important advantages in this version of project:
- No database, we can go in p2p resilient website.
- Completely separate content from continent.
For that I prefer this last option.