Local nodes (LN) are the local grassroots base of FairCoop, they offer the link between the local projects, initiatives, individuals or collectives to the global Faircoop community. Therefore a local node can be seen as a connector team which shares the information bidirectionally (local-global-local).
**What is needed to create a LN?**
A group of individuals committed to FairCoop and to the tasks a local node needs to do.
Access to internet, in order to share and communicate with the rest of FairCoop members. For those areas without access to internet, please contact with node support commission in order to find a solution.
**How many members for each node?**
The minimum number to be considered a functional node is 3 members, because 3 is in many cultures the minimum number to create a coop, association, etc. However it would be great to be at least 6 people, and a node which is able to involve 10-12 very active members would be a powerful one.
For those people who are looking forward to create a node but they are less than 3, the first thing to do is networking! We are sure there are people around you interested in the project, moreover, you can ask the Extension commission to help you create an event near you so that more people can learn about the project.
**What are its tasks?**
Some of the LN’s tasks are:
***Welcome** to FairCoop at local level. Making possible to host physical meetups with individuals and collectives interested in FairCoop
***Spread** Faircoop in the region. Share the FairCoop news with all your contacts who live nearby.
* Workshops, talks, interviews about FairCoop. A LN is the **reference** of FairCoop in their region, therefore when a FairCoop group receives a petition to do something physically, it will resend the petition to the local node able to host it. This could be a physical public talk, an interview with local media, an information table, etc.
***Connection** between the FairCoop network and local projects. LNs are the best for knowing which projects in their region could be interested in Faircoop, and is responsible to contact them. This is for the general Faircoop information, but also for every concrete project that could have relation with things that are being done already at local level. There is also the need to facilitate and support the use of all the different economic tools available in the FairCoop ecosystem, like **UseFaircoin**, **FairMarket**, **FairPay**, etc.
* Transmission channel for the FairCoop **global projects**. When a global project is scheduled, the local nodes will be a key team to expand the project to existing groups that could have similar activities or may want to participate.
***Main team** of a Faircoop project or task. When a team is able to work together physically, it becomes more powerful than just a virtual team. It would be very interesting for the whole FairCoop community when a local node accepts the responsibility for coordinating a FairCoop project or a concrete global task.
* Faircoin **Point of Exchange** (PoE) https://getfaircoin.net . LN would be able to bring a trusted contact and a physical space to buy or sell faircoin, making the Faircoop currencies easy to access. They can be part of the local node gateway for getfaircoin.net, adding a PoE. Write to email@example.com for more details. This could be also a way to self finance a local node because at least 1% of the exchange goes to the local node as a fee.
As part of these exchange offices, local nodes can also facilitate the access to Fairpay cards, for users and POS app for merchants; making easier for all of them to use faircoin for their real needs and promoting circular economy.
@@ -36,11 +34,17 @@ For those people who are looking forward to create a node but they are less than
And in general in all the Freedomcoop site at https://freedomcoop.eu
Every LN needs to decide how they want to organize themselves and how they make their own decisions. Nevertheless, all the information should be available, shared and open to every member of our global cooperative ecosystem, thus there is the minimum need to hold a group profile in FairNetwork in order to share assembly minutes or other useful documents.
Local Nodes funding campaign: For LN that are constituted and had the necessary involvement inside FairCoop ecosystem, for at least 2-3 months, in order to realize enough what it is about, our goals, values and all the various related projects, there is the opportunity to recieve a certain amount of FairCoins as a monthly fund to empower their efforts. There is a 6-month program which aims at creating a self-sustainable LN at some point. More details here: /docs/activation-and-sustainibility-of-local-nodes/
* FreedomCoop fees redistribution: If your LN is in the list of the active local nodes (/docs/local-nodes-list/ ) you may receive part of the FreedomCoop redistribution funds. This happens after the end of the 1st quarter. The criteria of distributing this funds depends on the FreedomCoop assembly. Right now 1/3 goes to any LN, 1/3 goes to LNs involved in Freedomcoop and 1/3 goes proportionally to the fees paid by each country. More details here: https://freedomcoop.eu/local-nodes/
***FreedomCoop** fees redistribution
If your LN is in the [list of active local nodes](http://api.fairplayground.info/get_localnodes_list.html) you may receive part of the FreedomCoop redistribution funds. This happens after the end of the 1st quarter. The criteria of distributing this funds depends on the FreedomCoop assembly. Right now 1/3 goes to any LN, 1/3 goes to LNs involved in Freedomcoop and 1/3 goes proportionally to the fees paid by each country. More details [here](https://freedomcoop.eu/local-nodes/)
* Faircoin local solidarity economy fund
* Faircoin local solidarity economy fund: It is a fund for boosting the local solidarity economy using Faircoins. The LN manages a fund that can not be spend in this case, but used to provide credits without interest in Faircoin to the local merchants and producers who accept Faircoin and in some cases to users that have small liquidity needs. More info: https://fair.coop/docs/faircoin-local-fund-criteria-en
It is a fund for boosting the local solidarity economy using Faircoins. The LN manages a fund that can not be spend in this case, but used to provide credits without interest in Faircoin to the local merchants and producers who accept Faircoin and in some cases to users that have small liquidity needs. More info: https://fair.coop/docs/faircoin-local-fund-criteria-en
gitlab project and software management by fairkom.eu - more open source web apps at fairapps.net