BotC's groups and subaccounts
Groups and subaccounts in BotC (Multicurrency wallet)
Why? One of BotC main goal, since the beginning was to offer our services to collective initiatives and in the future to bigger entities (like big cooperatives or affiliated ngo etc). Some more info at https://bankofthecommons.coop/personalized-services/.
To have this working we need (a) the technical capacity on the wallet system and (b) the technical capacity on the OCP to manage/coordinate. So basically what is needed is to reproduce the model of BotC to various kind of smaller groups
It could be three kind of groups
- geografical groups; ex. the members of Colombia should have default cash in data for Colombia.
- type of member groups; Individual members, limited members, etc…
- groups for each collective membership that want to create sub-accounts.
About collective members:
Can create as many accounts as they want? Could be a limit; like 10 sub-accounts for normal collective members, and 1000 sub-accounts for investor collective member. More than that, agree case by case...
We should define which limits and fees (if any and why) have the members of sub-accounts.
We should define what is the process for creating sub-accounts. if the register site is same for everyone it means they go to the cue for all admins, and one of them has to add them to their group. It should be an integrated process for register with step 1: OCP and step 2: Chip Chap, where in both software becomes clear to which collective the subaccount belongs. And directly the collective's admin is the one who have to take the action of their approval.
For Chip Chap
(some part of this is already discussed with the devs to get some idea)
- Create root admin system for managing different groups
- create an admin account for each collective to add sub-accounts and manage them
- groups admins also could customize limits and the specify info that refers to a specific area (like bank transfer info)
- default configuration about limits and fees of the sub-accounts of collective members
- ability to change limits or fees, from the admin of the sub-account depending on our decisions and needs
- geographical groups could make the default page about which information is more visible for cash in and cash out
- the type of membership groups would have the priority for limits and fees (example: Christina is individual member of BotC and is also member of a group [via collective membership]. Christina’s fees and limitations are defined by the BotC individual membership)
Notice: the combination between different groups where users can be more than one time, could create some difficult contradictions that we should take care to solve (example: Christina is in geographical group of Greece, but while traveling changes the geographical group to Italy)
Needed from chip chap: root be faster and ready for escalate to more accounts. One thing that would help on that would be to delete the users than belongs to chip chap and have nothing to do with Botc.